Friday 18 June 2010

On a Sadder Note

I unfortunately had to make a sympathy card for the wife and family of a very good friend and Scouter. I thought long and hard as to what to make, and made the obvious calla lily card, but kept being drawn back to this image, which was in my opinion wrong because I had immediately thought of a wedding card when I first saw the image on My Craft Studio.

Anyway I asked the opinions of my good friends on JJ Forum, who assured me it was perfect. So I was able to get the blue card from the Craft Club the day before and made it up.

Having searched on one of the free verse websites that are available, I found many of them although lovely verses, didn't quite seem just right. Then BINGO I read "Someone so special... ...can never be forgotten" and it had to be that. It was perfect for the sentiment I wanted to convey to the family.

The church I am pleased to say was packed with friends and family of Keith and there was just the single wreath in the Scouting colours. The service was just right and we ended up singing Taps, which if any of you were a Guide or Scout you will probably remember, BUT there was a 3rd verse written down which I hadn't known about, and which brought tears to my eyes when I was reading through the service sheet, and I would like to share them all with you.

Taps

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky:
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.

Thanks and praise for our days,
'Neathe the sun, 'neath the stars, 'neath the sky:
As we go, this we know, God is nigh.

While the light fades from sight,
And the stars gleaming rays softly send,
To thy hands we our souls, Lord, commend.
Thank you for reading this.


May the souls of the departed rest in Peace, and rise in glory. Amen.

In memory of Keith Brice, a great all round gentleman, who died 4th June 2010 aged just 63yrs.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Nona!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dazie, I was rather pleased at how lovely it looked finished with the blue card.

    ReplyDelete